Date: Thursday, February 4, 2016
Time: 1:00-2:00pm Eastern; 10:00-11:00am Pacific
Duration: 60 minutes
CLE Eligible Webinar*
Faculty: Hilary Bricken, Canna Law Group and Robert McVay of Harris Moure
Ever since Colorado and Washington started the cascade of states that have legalized marijuana, insurance has been a hot button issue. Marijuana’s federal criminal status presents many challenges unheard of in other industries. Lack of access to many standard financial services has increased the perceived risk of marijuana businesses. And, as a new product on the legal market in many states, product liability issues are untested. Landlords, equipment providers, and cannabis businesses all seek to insure various aspects of their industry, and savvy underwriters have to work hard to properly value the various risks and opportunities in a new industry.
- Federal law enforcement policies and state law conflicts
- State law insurance requirements
- Enforceability of insurance contracts in the marijuana industry
- Marijuana business banking and associated risks
- Real property insurance for marijuana producers, processors, and retailers
- Marijuana products liability
Join Hilary Bricken, Canna Law Group, a practice group of Harris Moure, PLLC and Robert McVay of Harris Moure, PLLC for this complimentary CLE-eligible webinar!
*all those seeking CLE credit must register individually
Need to Register Additional Colleagues? Please Click Here.
Need Assistance?Please contact us at: Info@LitigationConferences.com or
(484) 324-2755 x200